General Information and Schedule
The HYL season is spring and runs from March or early April to mid June. Registration* opens in the fall for the spring season.
There are no try-outs or cuts in lacrosse and coaches strive for equal playing time. Every player, regardless of experience will have ample playing opportunity. Please do not be concerned if your player has never played lacrosse, we have players of all abilities in all of our programs.
HYL offers the following programs:
· Children in pre-k and kindergarten play ministix 6U (under age 6). This includes a variety of age-appropriate games and drills to learn catching, throwing, cradling, dodging, and scooping.
· Girls in grade 1-2 (8U) participate in an age appropriate recreational introduction to lacrosse that gradually introduces a limited number of games during the season.
· The travel program for girls in grades 3-4 (10U) and up is an age appropriate team for new and returning players and participates in the Founders Girls Lacrosse League and have an approximately 8 game season plus a jamboree.
· More details are available in the Registration FAQ section.
Pre-Season in March: Indoor practice on artificial turf
· Grades 3-4 and up start practice 1-2 times per week indoors as season approaches to prepare for first game in early April.
Regular Season in April: Harvard Fields once Harvard Parks and Recreation Department determines fields are playable.
· All teams start outdoors in early April once fields open for the season. Times & location dependent on field availability.
· Ministix (1 practice on Saturday) and Grade 1-2 (one weekday, once on Saturday).
· 3-4 and up have two weekday practices with games Sunday afternoon in metrowest. The game schedule will be shared when the league posts the schedule in March.
Off season Learn to Play & Skills and Drills Clinics
· Learn to play and skills and drills clinics are offered as available.
Thank you for your interest in HYL and we hope to see you on the field!
See the Registration FAQ for more information or contact HYL on the HYL Key Contacts Page.
*Registration is open to residents of Harvard, Devens, and children who attend Harvard Public Schools.